Dr. Alexander Pittman graduated from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in 1983. He had his residency at Barrow Neurological Institute.
From 1984 to 2012, Dr. Pittman has been working in various neurosurgeon hospitals, including Northwestern Memorial Hospital, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center, and UCSF Medical Center.
Since 2012, Dr. Pittman has been a leading neurosurgeon at the Kentucky Neuroscience Institute.
He undergoes regular internships in the leading clinics in the USA and Europe in the specialty “Neurosurgery”.
- American Association of Neurosurgeons (AANS);
- European Association of Neurosurgeons (EANS);
- European Society of Spinal Surgeons (EUROSPINE);
- Association of Spinal Surgeons of North America (NASS);
- American College of Surgeons (FACS).
Participant of international courses and seminars:
- EANS Athens, 2016
- WFNS, 2017
- EUROSPINE Strasburg, 2017
- WFNS, 2018
- ISMIS, 2018
- MIN-SONO course, 2018
- WFNS Serbia, 2019
Dr. Pittman regularly takes part in American and international seminars on neurosurgery.
- Neurooncology (removal of tumors of the brain and spinal cord);
- Anomalies of the development of the craniovertebral junction (Chiari malformation, basilar impression, etc.);
- Surgical treatment of degenerative-dystrophic and inflammatory diseases of the spine;
- Treatment of compression-ischemic neuropathies of peripheral nerves, etc.
- Spinal neurosurgery.